Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) represents a broader scope of risks and opportunities that materially impact your financial performance and long-term success.
These three pillars provide the foundation to measure the sustainability and positive impact of an investment or business.
There is a global push towards standardized, comparable and auditable ESG-related information. ESG-related disclosures are quickly moving into mainstream financial reporting.
Regardless of your opinions or views on the topic, the landscape within which you operate your business is changing.
Key Drivers of ESG Integration
- Increasing Stakeholder Expectations
- Global standardization and adoption of ESG-related frameworks
- Increasing ESG-related disclosure requirements moving into mainstream financial reporting
- Supply Chain Transparency & Management
- Shifting Demographics
Short-term Impacts to Your Business
- Emission disclosure requests from larger companies or financial institutions within your value chain
- Cost of capital, increasing use of ESG-related risk adjustments when securing investments or financing
- Employee attraction, engagement, and retention
- Increasing demand for low-carbon products and services
Value of ESG Strategy and Integration
- Improve ESG readiness, proactive versus compliance driven response
- Expansion of sustainably linked loans, terms or other ESG-related programs offered by financial institutions
- Enhanced reputation and stakeholder relations
- Attract and retain diverse, top tier talent
- Improve enterprise risk management
ESG Reporting Landscape
The alphabet soup of ESG reporting frameworks and regulatory bodies can make your head spin. Here is a simplified outlook of the ESG-related disclosure landscape:
Benson Badger Advisory Group works with consideration and awareness of the following globally recognized frameworks: Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures, SASB (Sustainability Standards Board), GHG (Greenhouse Gas) Protocol, CDSB (Climate Disclosure Standards Board) which oversees CSRD (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive).
Benson Badger Advisory Group provides advisory services related to ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) education and strategy. We assist small and medium-sized businesses and investors understand and react to the rapidly evolving ESG landscape.
Our team helps companies understand their regulatory landscape and stakeholder expectations, identify relevant ESG issues, and set targets and key metrics to meet existing and future reporting requirements.
Benson Badger Advisory Group provides the following ESG related services:
Materiality & ESG Risk Assessment
- Identify and prioritize the ESG issues that are most relevant and significant to your company and its stakeholders
- Engage stakeholders to understand their perspectives and priorities regarding ESG issues
- Review your regulatory landscape, supply-chain impacts, and forward-looking disclosure requirements
ESG & Sustainability Strategy
- Set ESG targets
- Determine key metrics to meet existing and future obligations
- Create roadmap for implementation
- Establish cross-functional governance structure to collect, report and approve ESG data
ESG Reporting & Communication
- Advise on compliance reporting or other disclosure requests
- Consolidate current activities within the frame of ESG efforts, tell your ESG story
Bespoke Board & Executive ESG Education
- Build executive and board capacity to educate on key ESG issues, reporting requirements and trends
Implementing ESG strategy requires maintaining financial performance and consideration. Our advisory group has a strong background in financial modeling and analysis, reporting and strategy integration.
Benson Badger Advisory Group has experience working in a variety of industries and sectors. ESG strategy and integration is not a siloed approach. It requires collaboration and a strong understanding of the macro and micro impacts affecting your business.
With ESG-specific training and focus, our team is equipped to adapt to the rapidly evolving landscape. We provide strategic guidance that is realistic and impactful.
Benson Badger Advisory Group Inc.
2530 Sandra Schmirler Way
Regina, Saskatchewan S4W 0M7
Matt Badger CBV
Telephone: (306) 591-5881
John Benson CBV
Telephone: (306) 551-8876
Gabrielle Schubach, CPA, CMA
Telephone: (306) 209-5709